PsychologY Facts1. The people who give the best advice are usually the ones with the most problems.
2. It is possible to die from a broken heart. It's called Stress Cardiomyopathy.
3. The type of music you listen can shape the type of person you are.
4. Your favourite song is your favourite because you associate an emotional event with it.
5. If you announce your goals to others, you are less likely to make them happen because you lose motivation, studies confirmed.
6. People who speak two languages may unconsciously shift their personalities when they switch from one language to another.
7. Your mind rewrites monotonous speeches of boring people to make it sound interesting.
8. Science behind having a good sleep is that you just have to convince your brain that you had a good sleep.
9. Expectant fathers can sometimes experience a sympathetic pregnancy where they have symptoms like back ache, weight gain, strange food carvings and nausea.
10. Phobias may be memories passed down through generations in DNA, according to a new research.
11. There are more than 500 distinct phobias well recognized by psychologist.
12. When crying from happiness the first tear will come from the right eye but if you are crying from sadness it will come from the left.
13. If you spend time with positive people, they will have a very positive impact on you.
14. Biochemically speaking, being in a romantic love affair cannot be distinguished from having an obsessive compulsive disorder.
15. People who try to keep everyone happy often is the most loneliest.
16. Travel boosts brain health and also decreases a person's risk of heart attack and depression.
17. 90% of people text things they can't say in person.
18. It takes only 4 minutes to fall in love with a person.
19. Crying makes you feel better, reduces stress, and may help to keep the body healthy.
20. Research shows that, for luxury brands, the ruder the sales staff, the higher the sales.
21. Usually thinking of a successful outcome will reduce our motivation rather than increase it.
22. Smarter people underestimate themselves. Ignorant people think they're brilliant.
23. Doing thinks that scare you will make you happier.
24. No one born blind has developed the condition of schizophrenia.
25. Some of us are actually afraid of being too happy because of the fear that something tragic might happen next.
26. Intelligent people tend to have less friends than the average person. The smarter the person is, the more selective they become.
27. Comedians and funny people are actually more depressed than others.
28. After death, there is a period of 7 minutes of brain activity where the person will see dream like sequence of their memories.
29. Pretending not to care is the habit of someone who generally cares the most.
30. People who spend time in the sun are more likely to be happier and content in life.
31. The brain can remember only 3 to 4 things at once.
32. If you have series of task at hand, always do the difficult tasks in the beginning.
33. The more you spend on others, the happier you are.
34. 18 to 33 year olds are the most stressed out people on earth.
35. When you remember a past event, you're actually remembering the last time you remembered it.